Saturday, August 25, 2012

Marketing and my design work

Last night I was having some drinking with my cma classmates over at clarke quay. We were talking about how out final year projects and was checking out how each and everyone's project had been going. So when it came to me, I was talking about how my ideas were good but my work simply does not do justice to my thoughts. I had great ideas, that' what I have been told. But I didn't have the visuals to show it. So Joyce(One of my classmates) gave me some insights to this problem that I had. It was a problem cause, it wasn't like I didn't care (well ok to a certain extend I didn't really care) but it was more like I would stare at the work and nothing comes to my mind! Unlike ideas that flow out like water from a broken dam.

She was saying that I should be looking into the visuals and I said yes i agree, but I just didn't have any ideas on that! Things just don't come to me at all! It seemed like she totally understood where my problem lies. She told me, you have to see the visuals of things as important enough so that your campaign can be successful. She continued, the visuals are important in a sense that if your visuals are not there, it doesn't even matter if your campaign idea is cool as shit, people are not going to be interested in attending the campaign in the first place! You have to see the visuals as an important aspect of the whole campaign.

After hearing that, I felt that what she said was true and it totally hit me in the head. I discovered the reason why I couldn't get any ideas for visual is because I didn't see it as important! I didn't think that it would be something that, for a lack of a better word, deserve my attention. Joyce then was telling me how the visuals will be that one that would give the ROI for campaign. How many people would be going and stuff. So without these visuals, your campaign idea can be great but it would be a great pity that no one appears for it.

I have another 2 weeks to the EPA, where external peeps are coming over to look at our campaigns and give feedback. Indeed, the last thing that I would want is for them to think that they are wasting their time listening to me. It's my last effort required for cma and hey, why not just give it one last solid shot huh. No harm in that really. So now I have to look at my campaign and see how I can make it integrated. More solid in a sense that it should be well thought of. Instead of things just being there. So! When can I start doing it? I can start right now. But since I already had plans I should be more practical. I am heading out for the whole day tomorrow as well. so that's a nono. Monday is good, I would be taking a break to collect my passport. Tuesday, a break for my interview. Wed I have something but I cannot remember!!shitt

Oh she was saying dun be too smart also Like dun act smart too much. Just be smart. Yeah kinda like my flaw ah. Shall talk about it more when I have time! Now I gotta run!!

No comments: