Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gonna be singing in a while

Just a little while later, I am going over to some CC that is so far away, I have no idea whether i'll be safe or not. LoL. The previous post I was talking about how I was inspired to sing in such a way that I can allow the people to feel the 享受-ness. Well just a few more hours later is my chance at trying my hands at it. Hopefully, I would be able to even sing in the first place. I'm not too sure of the arrangements but I was told to prepare a song "just in case".

So here I am, not too sure whether I should let the just incase happen or to hope that it doesn't. For one thing, I haven't been practicing a lot. Strictly speaking, I did have sometime to practice the song but I didn't. Those pockets of time, I used them for something else. I'm not too sure what but it just wasn't singing. Not too sure if I should feel guilty about that though. Its like I usually practice singing when I have a lot of time. Idle enough to think "Hey I should practice my singing".

Now I think back at why I took up singing, it was because I wanted an instrument that I could play when I was traveling. At first I was thinking of the harmonica. Which is still an interesting instrument! Which I might wanna learn it but piano take priority over any other instrument that I wanna learn. WELL! Back to prep talking myself for the performance.

I have issues with the rhythm when the music is soft. Plus not to mention my pitching as well. Then I realized, it was not that I couldn't catch the pitch nor I just couldn't understand the beats. It was more of a problem of confidence. I found out that when I do things that I had confidence in, it was more natural and things turn out to be well, better! Or if the way I did it was wrong, I easily learnt from them because I could put all I know into the performance or the activity that I did. When I give all I know, I then know what I can improve and what I am doing ok. When the issue of confidence stands in the way, all I get are lessons that I have already learnt. I know why it is happening, I know how to counter act on them. It's like every time I perform, I do the same things over and over. I think this rolls over to other tings I do as well. Presentations, No problem! I have enough confidence in that and I think I am the most ocnfident when I'm doing a presentation. I know what to prepare, what I need to know and what I need to do. I should put these practices into my singing! and maybe gaming as well.

To those people who say gaming is a waste of time, I agree and disagree. First of all I would like to clarify what is a game... Hmm I should save this for the next post! Genius. Ok you guys would have to hang on to your shoes for this one.

So I would want to give a performance where the people can enjoy. But first I  would have to enjoy it myself! Like 2 days back when my Uni friends and I had a house party. Few of us knew how to play the guitar and so we went at it. I sang all sorts of weird stuff, going into imprompto attempts to change the lyrics without knowing the tune. I just followed the chords. I think I did alright! and when I sang I think I was alright. Strange that the stage that I so love when addressing a crowd could give me the jitters when I'm supposed to do soemthing else there. Think of singing like a different way to talk, a different way to communicate. It is still talking! So I shouldn't have a problem with that. I have the music in me, but when I think too hard, everything goes out the window. So I wil have to go up there and knwo that I can do it and just let my inner self take over and 'communicate!"

Righto. This post was born cos I became distracted when I was suppose to look for inspirations for me design. Designing things don't inspire me. Life and its' challenges do.

No comments: